History of ONEU

Odessa National Economic University is one of the leading economic institutions in Ukraine. It combines the glorious traditions of the past with the latest innovations.

On May 16, 1921, the Odessa Provincial Executive Committee issued an order to establish the Odessa Institute of National Economy. The founders of the university’s scientific school were such outstanding scientists as: Victor Moritzovich Shtein, Alexei Yakovlevich Shpakov, Anton Samoilovich Borinevich, Grigory Isakovich Titikin, Sergei Ivanovich Solntsev, and Gavrilo Ivanovich Tanfiliev.

Recognition of Odessa National Economic University:

  • 1971 – Odessa Institute of National Economy (the old name) was awarded with the Certificate of Honor of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the Ukrainian SSR for the success in training highly skilled professionals for the national economy and in connection with the 50th anniversary of the University foundation.
  •  1993 – The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine appreciated the achievements and merits of the Odessa Institute of National Economy stuff and established the Odessa State Economic University on its basis.
  •  1997 – Odessa State University of Economics was admitted to the European Association of Universities.
  •  2001, 2006 – the staff of the Odessa State Economic University was awarded twice with the the Certificate of Honor by the Ukraine Cabinet of Ministers for the training of highly skilled professionals.
  •  2010 – joining the Odessa State Economic University to the Grand Charter of the Universities of the World with headquarters in Bologna.
  • 2011 – By the order of the President of Ukraine No. 1041/2011 of November 11, 2011, the university was granted a national status.