With the purpose of making new contacts and strengthening the existing relations between foreign higher educational establishments and ONEU, Department of international relations was organized at the university in 2004.
The main activity of IRD is directed to the achievement of high international level, competitiveness of education and scientific researchers at ONEU, a wide integration of the university and regional system of higher education into international academic community, the development of an effective management system of international activity.
Fundamental objectives of the department:
- Preparation, support, coordination and realization of the international projects with the participation of ONEU, its departments, creative teams and individual executives.
- Organization and administration of various training programs for foreign citizens in ONEU on the state basis, in the frame of bilateral agreements and on the contractual basis.
- Organization and administration of ONEU international cooperation under contracts concerning partnership with foreign universities, establishments, firms and organizations.
- Monitoring with a view of objective estimation of ONEU international activity; creation and handling of corresponding databases; development of the basic parameters, mechanisms, procedures, the rules for carrying out ONEU regular self-estimation, its departments, programs and staff –as the necessary element of the international activity.
- Analytical activity in the field of perfection of management of the international activity of the university.
- Preparation and holding conferences, seminars, meetings.
- Information support of ONEU web-site in the field of international activity; preparation of intermediate and final materials, debatable reports on projects and programs.
- Application of modern information technologies and their wide introduction into practice of administrative activity at the university, including creation and support of IRD web-site.
- Registration of foreign technical and charitable help to the university.
- Organization and carrying out of additional educational programs directed to the perfection of skills of practical use of foreign languages the staffs and students.
- Provision of proper document circulation in the questions under competence of IRD, including the preparation of orders, signing of agreements and contracts, etc.
Basic directions of activity of the International relations department
- preparation and making agreements and contracts concerning the collaboration of the university with higher educational establishments and organizations of foreign states, practical realization of these agreements with other proper subdivisions of the university;
- organization rendering services, related to the education of foreign citizens;
- participation in organization, realization of multilateral and two-sided activities in accordance with the plans of international cooperation;
- preparation and realization of international projects with the off-budget financing sources;
- participation in the international educational and scientific programs and funds;
- organization and conducting scientific and educational conferences, exhibitions, seminars, lectures on international topics, etc;
- creation and conduct of database on funds, grants etc., providing consulting services for employees and students of the university, possibilities of financing related to the search at departure abroad for studies and internships;
- registration of departures abroad for employees and students of the university.